Do I need approval to paint the outside of my building?
Yes, because you are located within the Downtown Overlay District, Landmark Commission approval is required prior to painting your building. In most cases, administrative approval from the Main Street director is possible, provided color choices are within the approved color palettes. Approved palettes are available from several local paint retailers, including Sherwin Williams (arts and crafts and Victorian), Gilfillan’s (Benjamin Moore historic), and Owen Hardware (historic). The Main Street director reserves the right to refer paint color requests to the full commission at his/her discretion.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need to get approval for a new business sign?
2. Do I need approval to make changes to the outside of my building?
3. Do I need Landmark Commission approval to do some minor landscaping around my business?
4. What do I need to do for an infill (new construction) project?
5. How do I get my Certificate of Occupancy?
6. Who do I need to talk to first for changes to my building?
7. Do I need approval to paint the outside of my building?
8. Can I put up a banner?