The United States Census Bureau has recently confirmed that the last day for the 2020 Census is September 30, 2020. The 2020 Census asks a few simple questions about you and everyone who was living with you on April 1, 2020. It is extremely important for our community to ensure everyone is counted in the Census. An undercount will impact our community for the next 10 years.
Census workers have begun the Non-Response Follow-Up. If a census worker visits your home:
• They will never ask to enter the home.
• They will identify themselves and wear a U.S. Census Bureau badge.
• They will only ask questions that are on the questionnaire.
• They will never ask for or request additional documentation.
All census takers should wear PPE including face coverings at the door.
To avoid having a census taker knock on your door, please complete the 2020 Census at www.2020Census.gov
or call 844-330-2020 for English or 844-468-2020 for Spanish.
What is at stake?
The Census is used:
• to determine congressional representation;
• to calculate how federal dollars are allocated;
• how road construction projects are prioritized;
• to determine school lunch programs;
• by non-profits to justify grant requests;
• to determine funding for Medical Assistance programs;
• by planners and investors to evaluate markets for development;
• by businesses to identify trends for growth.
There is very little that isn’t affected by Census numbers. Please help ensure Corsicana is accurately counted. The future depends on it.