The Corsicana City Council, CISD, Navarro County and the Navarro College District jointly hold numerous properties in the city, called “tax trust” lots, acquired through foreclosure for non-payment of ad valorem (real estate) taxes. Most are vacant parcels. A program has been designed to make these lots available to individuals and builders at a very low cost. The program streamlines the process for conveying these lots by providing a single point-of-contact at the City to handle required administrative approvals and sales.
The following is a list of requirements of this program:
1) The buyer must pay the actual closing costs, estimated at $250 per lot, plus a title policy if requested.
2) The buyer is purchasing a lot located on a paved streets with access to city utilities but will have to follow all building code and zoning requirements.
3) The construction of the structure must begin within 6 months from the date of purchase and be complete within 18 months.
4) The buyer cannot be delinquent on property taxes or have a lien filed of record for any property.
5) The buyer must show financial ability to complete a project in the allocated time period.
The following links contain information regarding the Infill Housing Program. For more information and a current list of available properties, contact the City of Corsicana’s Community Support Department at 200 N. 12th Street, Corsicana, Texas 75110, or call (903) 654-4860.