Eligibility & Exams
Civil Service application packets are available at the address below between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays. Applications must be submitted to this same address or faxed to 903-654-4822.
- City of Corsicana
Human Resources / Civil Service Department
200 N. 12th St.
Corsicana, TX 75110
The dates for all police and fire examinations are posted on the Civil Service bulletin boards throughout the City of Corsicana Government Center and advertised in various publications. Eligibility lists are valid for 6 months from the date certified by the Civil Service Commission.
POLICE ELIGIBILITY LIST: Pending Next Exam
FIRE ELIGIBILITY LIST: Entry-Level Fire Test, July 8, 2023 - Eligibility List.PDF
Deadlines are strictly enforced.
Non-Civil Service Employment Applications cannot be used for Fire and Police entry level examinations.
Picture I.D.’s are required before an applicant can be admitted to take examinations. Further questions regarding this process can be directed to Human Resource at 903.654.4822.
Corsicana Police Department
The Corsicana Police Department hires officers from an eligibility list established by individuals who successfully complete the City of Corsicana civil service written test. This list is valid for six months or until it is exhausted. Registration for the Civil Service Examination will commence approximately two months prior to the exam.
Exam & Deadline
- Next Exam: Police Entry-Level Civil Service Exam: March 23, 2024 Packet.PDF
- Deadline to Apply: March 8, 2024 at 3:30 p.m.
Police Recruit Agility Test (PDF) (Revised 10/30/2020)
Police Officer Requirements
Minimum qualifications for police officers are:
- U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma/transcript or a GED
- Good moral character
- Must pass psychological test
- Must pass entry level written examination, physical agility exam, thorough background investigation, and oral interview
- Must meet one of the following criteria
- 30 hours of college
- Graduated from or attending a certified academy recognized by the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Two years of active military with an honorable discharge
- Certified police officer with TCOLE
These required documents must be included with the application and signed City of Corsicana Police Department Disqualifications document when received in the Civil Service Office. Faxed applications and requirements are also accepted.
- Pre-Employment Application (PDF)
- College transcripts (original or certified copy will be required for Personal History Statement)
- TCOLE certification card or letter of enrollment from certified academy
- Form DD-214 (if applicable) - Applicants with two years active military service stating an honorable discharge will have 5 points added to their written test score (with passing score of 70)
|Recruit I Not Certified
|Recruit II Certified
Corsicana Fire Department
The Corsicana Fire Department is committed to serving the community with integrity and professionalism. All applicants seeking an entry-level position must successfully complete the written Civil Service Entrance Examination, which is conducted as necessary to maintain a hiring eligibility list.
Exam & Deadline
- Next Exam: Date Pending
- Deadline to Apply: Date Pending
Firefighter / EMT Requirements
Minimum qualifications for firefighters are:
Between 18 and 36 years of age
High school diploma or GED
An applicant for Firefighter shall meet the following criteria to be considered for an entry level position: (1) certified or certifiable as a Structural Firefighter with Texas Commission on Fire Protection; OR (2) certified or certifiable as an EMT-Basic or EMT Paramedic with Texas Department of State Health Services. “Certifiable” means evidence of current enrollment in a training academy approved by Texas Commission on Fire Protection and/or current enrollment in a school curriculum for EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic with the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess certification in the following order:
1) Must be “Dual Certified” as a Structural Firefighter by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection AND as an EMT-Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
2) Must be Certified as an EMT-Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
3) Must be Certified as a Structural Firefighter by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection and as an EMT-Basic by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
All City of Corsicana Firefighter employees must successfully pass the National Registry examination at the EMT Basic or EMT-Paramedic level upon completion of academy.
UPON SUBMITTAL OF APPLICATION PACKET AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, YOU WILL BE EMAILED A PERSONAL HISTORY STATEMENT THAT YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU AND TURN IN ON TEST DAY.
- Must be able to pass the entry level written examination; physical ability test; thorough background investigation; polygraph; oral interview; physical (after job offer) and drug screen.
These required documents must be included with the application when received in the Civil Service Office. Faxed applications and documentation are also accepted.
- Pre-Employment Application (PDF)
- Evidence of certification with the Texas Commission on Fire Protection or evidence of current enrollment in a training academy approved by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Evidence of certification with the Texas Department of Health as an EMT-Paramedic or EMT-Basic or evidence of current enrollment in an EMT class approved by the Texas Department of Health
- Evidence of certification of National Registry
- Form DD-214 (if applicable) - Applicants with military service will have 5 points added to their written test score (with passing score of 70) provided they submit a DD-214 stating an "Honorable Discharge."
|Recruit I No Certifications; Enrolled in Academy
|Recruit II Single Certification; enrolled in Academy for Second Certification
|Recruit III Fully Certified
|Firefighter / EMT