Corsicana Supplies Employers With a Skilled Workforce
Corsicana is a business-friendly community located just 50 miles southeast of downtown Dallas on I-45, which connects the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex with the Greater Houston metro area.
Corsicana and Navarro County are blessed with a relatively large and robust manufacturing workforce, coupled with a strong work ethic. In addition to drawing workers from the local community, local employers are able to draw a significant portion of our workforce from the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metro area, giving them a wide variety of workers to choose from in terms of quantity, quality and variety of skill sets.
To supplement the existing labor pool, Navarro College, one of 52 community colleges in the state of Texas, is located in Corsicana and offers a wide variety of career and technical education programs, as well as a number of specialized workforce training programs tailored to meet the needs of local employers.
Among these career and technical programs are:
- Business Information Technology. Offers AAS degree, as well as the following certificates: Administrative Professional I, Administrative Professional II, Administrative Specialist for MSSLC Workers, Medical Office Professional, and Medical Office Coding & Transcription.
- Computer Information Technology. Offers AS and AAS degrees, as well as certificates in Computer Information Technology, Computer Application Technology Support, Computer Information Web Developer, Computer Information Technology Programming, and Software Development.
- Criminal Justice. Offers AA and AAS degrees, as well as certificates in Asset Protection Loss Prevention, Criminal Justice Corrections, and Law Enforcement Texas Peace Officer.
- Emergency Medical Technician. Offers an EMT Basic Certificate.
- Environmental Science. Offers an AS degree.
- Fire Academy. Offers an AAS degree, as well as the following certificates: Basic Firefighter, and Fire Science Protection Technology.
- Industrial Equipment Maintenance & Repair. Graduates will perform routine preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair on equipment and components in an industrial plant environment. Offers a certificate in Industrial Equipment Maintenance and Repair.
- John Deere Tech/Agriculture Mechanization. The Navarro College John Deere TECH Program is designed to help upgrade the skill level of new John Deere service technicians and help prepare them for a career opportunity in a field with excellent employment opportunities. The goal is to help provide the student with the experience in hydraulics, electrical engines, power trains, air conditioning, machine setup and adjustment, and the computer-assisted resource material used in the entire John Deere service network. Offers an AAS degree.
- Multimedia Technology. Offers an AAS degree, as well as the following certificates: Multimedia Technology I and Multimedia Technology II.
- Paramedic. Offers an AAS degree, as well as a Paramedic Certificate.
- Petroleum Technology. The Petroleum Production Technology Certificate will help prepare students for careers in the petroleum industry, where they will perform the duties of lease operators, natural gas plant operators, compressor station operators, and instrumentation technicians and function as a member of an oil and/or gas production team. Offers an AAS degree, as well as the following certificates: Oil & Gas Technology, and Automation.
- Power Plant Operations & Maintenance. This program is designed for entry-level employment in the operation of modern fossil fuel power plants, gas turbine facilities, water treatment facilities, or other facilities where steam and/or electricity is generated.
- Welding. The Program includes classroom instruction and hands-on-training in metal trades including safety, blueprint reading, metallurgy, power sources, tools and materials, welding and layout, and fitting techniques. Offers an AAS degree.
The cost of living is dramatically lower in Texas, and even more reasonable in Corsicana, which means that your workers can enjoy the same, or better, quality of life in Corsicana for less than you're paying them at your current location. There is plenty of available land, with prices substantially lower than in most of Texas and the rest of the United States.
Texas, with its vibrant economy, boasts low taxes without the onerous regulations typically found in other states. Texas does not levy either corporate or individual income taxes.
A conditional land grant/loan may be available from the City of Corsicana and Navarro County to industrial expansion projects for capital investments with a minimum taxable value of $10 million and the creation of at least 50 new, full-time jobs. The land is in one of the two industrial parks jointly owned and operated by the city and the county.
Finally, Corsicana offers a Small town quality of life on the outskirts of the 4th largest metro area in the U.S. Corsicana is close enough to the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex to take advantage of its extensive resources, while being just far enough away to also enjoy lower business operating and living costs. Corsicana is a community where you can grow a business, pursue a meaningful career, and raise a family … all at the same time. Escape the high costs of living and operating a business in the big city, and experience — in Corsicana — how life and work intersect.
If your business is looking at opening a new production facility, Corsicana offers just about everything a growing business would want or need. For more information, visit their economic development website.