Corsicana Fire Rescue
National Preparedness Month is an observance each September to raise awareness about the importance of preparing for disasters and emergencies that could happen at any time. The 2021 theme is “Prepare to Protect. Preparing for disasters is protecting everyone you love.”
For the first time in its history, the Ready Campaign, in partnership with the Ad Council, identified the Hispanic community as a key audience, and will launch a series of Public Service Advertisements specifically designed to encourage preparedness within the underserved demographic.
Each week in September, the campaign will focus on a different aspect of preparedness for individuals, families and communities.
Week 1 September 1-4: Make A Plan
Talk to your friends and family about how you will communicate before, during, and after a disaster. Make sure to update your plan based on the Centers for Disease Control recommendations due to the coronavirus.
Week 2 September 5-11: Build A Kit
Gather supplies that will last for several days after a disaster for everyone living in your home. Don’t forget to consider the unique needs each person or pet may have in case you have to evacuate quickly. Update your kits and supplies based on recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control.
Week 3 September 12-18: Prepare for Disasters
Limit the impacts that disasters have on you and your family. Know the risk of disasters in your area and check your insurance coverage. Learn how to make your home stronger in the face of storms and other common hazards and act fast if you receive a local warning or alert.
Week 4 September 19-25: Teach Youth About Preparedness
Talk to your kids about preparing for emergencies and what to do in case you are separated. Reassure them by providing information about how they can get involved.
As a reminder, we have resources listed below available for pick up if your jurisdiction is interested in setting up a table for a no contact pick up for your community. Check out our resources at http://www.knowhat2do.com.
Corsicana Fire Rescue is a progressive organization delivering a wide variety of emergency and non-emergency services.
- Fire suppression
- Advanced life support medical treatment and patient transportation
- Specialized rescue operations
- Hazardous material incident mitigation
- Response to weather-related emergencies
- Fire prevention inspections
- Public fire safety education programs
- Support of numerous community events
Our Mission is to maintain a continuous state of readiness to protect those we serve and to provide the highest quality of services when called upon.
Our Vision is to be a well-respected and progressive fire department. Our department will always strive to gain the mutual trust, respect, and support of our community through continuous improvement, guided by our core values of integrity, courage, dedication, and compassion.
As members of the Corsicana Fire Department, we are committed to the following values in our interactions with our co-workers and citizens.
- Professionalism - In application, appearance, and attitude
- Integrity - Demonstrate honesty and fairness
- Compassion - Demonstrate kindness and empathy
- Accountability - Professionally, personally, and fiscally responsible for our actions
- Respect - For each other, our department, and everyone we come in contact with
- Diversity - Be open minded and responsive to the uniqueness of our community
- Commitment - In all department endeavors
- Teamwork - Encourage unity and a cooperative attitude